worship

 

 

SUNDAY

9:00am
Sunday School
Service of Holy Communion

10:45am
Service of Holy Communion
featuring St Stephen's choir

 

 

 

 

find St.Stephen's

 

Navigation
Powered by Squarespace
SERVING OTHERS
calendar

Saturday

February 23
Lord's Lunch
11:30 - 12:30
FREE to the community!


-----------------

-----------------
BIBLE STUDY
10:30am Mon
-----------------

events
This area does not yet contain any content.

Church history

St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church of Woodbury, named in honor of the first-century deacon and martyr, was formed in 1966 through the merger of two predecessor congregations, St. John’s and Trinity Lutheran. Church history officially dates to 1884 when a group of German-speaking Lutherans affiliated as St. John’s. Trinity Lutheran organized in 1924 as a neighborhood church in north Woodbury.

The current church and educational building on Evergreen Ave was dedicated in 1971.

New additions to the church property include a Memorial Garden for meditation and prayer and Columbarium with niches for permanent interment of cremated remains.